We're pleased to share our thoughts on sustainable investing and our role in this changing world. These reports and articles are written by or otherwise connected to members of Arjuna's investment team.
- Information for Current EBAY Shareholders Regarding Arjuna Capital's 2016 Proposal on Gender Pay Equity.
- The SEC rules in favor of placing Arjuna Capital's unburnable carbon proposal on Exxon and Chevron's ballots in May. The proposals ask the companies to return more capital to shareholders, so to shift from growth to value in the face of global climate change.
- The SEC rules in favor of placing Arjuna Capital's gender pay gap proposal on Amazon's ballot. The measure will be voted on at the company's annual meeting in June 2016.
- Arjuna Capital filed 9 shareholder proposals this proxy season asking Silicon Valley to close the gender pay gap. Proposals were filed with Intel, Apple, Facebook, Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Expedia, Adobe, and eBay. Our Facebook shareholder resolution is available here.
- In Arjuna's July 2014 Market Outlook, Chief Strategist Farnum Brown explains why we believe the US stock market is not over–priced and the trend remains up.
- In Arjuna's July 2014 Shareholder Engagement letter, Natasha Lamb discusses the investor momentum building to press the natural gas industry to account for what has long been a phantom carbon footprint - fugitive methane emissions.
Arjuna files the first shareholder proposal at Exxon Mobil on Carbon Asset Risk - asking the Company to assess the risk assets will be stranded in a low carbon future. See the press release from Ceres' Investor Network on Climate Risk.
FFC Ruling on Net Neutrality - In light of the ruling that the FCC cannot enforce "net neutrality" rules on Internet service providers (ISPs), see Arjuna Chief Strategist Farnum Brown explain why the decision turned on the distinction between "information" and "telecommunication" companies, and why it matters to comedian John Wooley, who in this "mockumentary" pretends to be a hapless shill for the ISPs.
- Investors Press AT&T and Verizon for Reports on Government Surveillance - In light of global concerns over privacy, Arjuna Capital co-files a shareholder proposal at AT&T asking for Transparency Reports. See press release by OpenMic, which was founded and is chaired by Arjuna's Chief Strategist Farnum Brown.
- In our October 2013 Market Outlook, Arjuna's Chief Strategist Farnum Brown discusses the breakout from a 16-year bear market in US stocks, leading to a more positive long-term investment environment.
- How will fossil fuel companies fare in a low-carbon future? - Arjuna Capital joins investors representing $3 trillion in the first-ever effort to spur fossil fuel companies to assess the financial risk climate change poses to their business under climate action and ‘business as usual’ scenarios.
- Impact Investing for Small Foundations - Arjuna Capital's Bill Marvel and Adam Seitchik participated as Impact Investing faculty for the Association of Small Foundations (ASF) Conference in Albuquerque, October 2013. In this Fall 2013 article in ASF's Essentials magazine, Bill and Adam shared some of their thoughts on investing with impact.
- The Internet Must Go - This Ford Foundation-produced mockumentary on net neutrality stars Lawrence Lessig, Tim Wu, Susan Crawford and other leading lights on the issue...with a cameo by Arjuna Chief Strategist Farnum Brown at 7 minutes, from the Whiskey bar in Durham, NC.
- Arjuna Capital's Q2 2013 Market Outlook, July 2013 - Chief Strategist Farnum Brown explains that the market is now sending unequivocally bullish signals spurred on by an improvement in the inflation picture - particularly for energy prices.
- OpenMic investor letter on government surveillance programs - Arjuna teams with other investors to express serious concerns about disclosures regarding a number of leading technology and telecommunications companies and their participation in U.S. government surveillance programs. OpenMic was founded and is chaired by Arjuna's Chief Strategist Farnum Brown.
- Privacy and data security: why should investors care? - In this Guardian piece, Arjuna's Natasha Lamb teams up with Corey Johnson and Open Mic's Michael Connor to discuss the material risks privacy and data security pose to investors and what to do about it.
- UNEP FI Investor Briefing: Portfolio Carbon - Natasha Lamb was on the United Nations Environment Programme Climate Change Advisory Group Project Team that developed this investor briefing on measuring, disclosing, and managing the carbon intensity of investments and investment portfolios.
- Bainbridge Graduate Institute (BGI) 2013 Graduation Video - a crisp, inspiring, three-minute video of BGI's graduation ceremonies. Arjuna's Adam Seitchik and Natasha Lamb taught the first-ever BGI course in sustainable investing during the Spring 2013 quarter. Many of the video's featured graduates attended Adam and Natasha's class.
- Investors Want to Package Efficiency Securities Like Mortgages - Natasha Lamb was interviewed for this GreenTech Media article on how to scale energy efficiency investment.
- Power Factor: Institutional Investors' Policy Priorities Can Bring Energy Efficiency to Scale: Natasha Lamb was an Institutional Investor Representative on the working group of this Ceres project.
- Video of Adam's presentation at Pecha Kucha Taos - Arjuna's Chief Investment Officer on the dangers of the Anthropocene Era, and how enlightenment can lead to sustainability. 20 slides, 20 seconds per slide.
- Investors tackle hidden climate impact of natural gas - Guardian piece by Natasha Lamb on how leaking methane gas from natural gas assets may negate the climate benefit.
- Arjuna Capital's Q1 2013 Market Outlook, April 2013 - Chief Strategist Farnum Brown explains why the balance of risks has led us to move client stock exposure to a more neutral posture.
- Shareholder engagement on net neutrality - Open Mic, a non-profit founded by Arjuna Chief Strategist Farnum Brown, achieves a breakthrough at Verizon on net neutrality.
- Only One Earth: The long road via Rio to sustainable development - Book review summarizing the 40-year international effort to foster sustainable development.
Climate Change from the Investor’s Perspective - Climate change is a global environmental challenge that is creating both risk and opportunity for investors.
Why Lower Drug Prices Benefit Institutional Investors - Changes in prescription drug prices have broad ripple effects across the diverse portfolios that most institutional investors hold.
- Integrating Environmental, Social and Governance indicators into investment processes - Like all investment data and ratings, environmental, social and governance indicators need to be scrubbed, cleaned and carefully analyzed.